Thursday, June 21, 2007

Da Huz

Sheesh. I can't believe Jeff forgot today was our 746th day anniversary!
I'm not really into mind games, but asking Jeff "do you know what today is?" is one of my favorites. That look on his face. The "oh shit" look. It's really hard to keep a strait face. Especially when I tell him exactly what day it is.

Here is a short list of the oh so special days he has forgotten:
The anniversary of our first email exchange
The anniversary of our first kiss T
he anniversary of the day I first thought I might be pregant, maybe...
The anniversary of the day we found out I was pregnant
The___th day since I have seen my mom
The ___th day of summer, and only___days until school starts again
My new washer-and-dryer "adoption" anniversary.
The anniversary of the first time we left all the kids with a babysitter
The anniversary of the first time he sent me flowers
I assure you the list goes on!

Oh, and I get the same look when he walks in from work and I say "we need to talk."I love my husband. He makes me laugh every single day. I have smiled at him every morning for the last 746 days. I love him more than I did the day I married him. He still gives me goosebumps and butterflies. I still can't wait for him to come home from work everyday. He still can't keep his hands off me, and he still calls me a dozen times a day. We never fight. Really we don't. Nobody believes me, but it's true. Sure we snap at eachother, but never argue Sometimes I wonder when this is all going to end. When are the feelings going to fade? How long is the "honeymoon" going to last? Am I safe? Am I going to absolutely adore him forever? I hear about people getting divorced after 5, 10, 15, 25 years of marriage and it makes me wonder. When did they stop loving eachother?? Are my fears warranted? I hope not. I could never love anyone other than Jeff, and noone could love me like he does. He rocks my world...you know even though he doesn't remember the exact number of times we've had sex.

No comments: