Monday, June 18, 2007

Conversations with Parker

Parker has an ever expanding vocabulary. It seems like every hour he is saying something new. One of his first words was ball. "Ba," he says at the sight of anything round. Parker also has the tendency to get stuck on a word. Take for example the following conversation:

Me: Oh look Parker look at the cat! Can you say cat?
Parker: Ba

Me: Cat. Say cat
Parker: Ba

Me: Cat
Parker: Ba

Me: Whatever. Can you say dog?
Parker: Ba

Me: Dog. Dog
Parker: Ba

Me: Dog
Parker: Ba

Me: What about baby. Let me hear you say baby!
Parker Ba

Me: You've said it before. BAYBEEE. Say baby
Parker: Ba

Me: Say Mom
Parker: Ba

Me: Say Dad
Parker: Ba

Me: Say Bye Bye
Parker: Ba

Me: Say Banana
Parker: Ba

Me: Fine, I'll go get you the ball. Say ball
Parker: Do (Dog)

Later in the evening I was getting Parker ready for a bath. I was asking him to point to different body parts, with no response. Everything. Eyes, nose, ears, tummy, feet. Only a blank stare. Then I say "Parker where's your dingy?" He promptly grabs ahold of his package and giggles with delight!See what I'm dealing with?

No comments: